UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the "gold standard" for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Jacobs Medical Center at UC San Diego Health is a 245-bed advanced medical center. The 10-story, 509,500-square-foot facility opened on Nov. 20, 2016. Its medical services include advanced surgery, cancer care, cardiac rehabilitation, clinical trials, birthing options and more. There are 10 operating rooms (ORs), including a four-OR intraoperative imaging suite with an MRI machine and mobile CT scanner, designed to support the most advanced brain and spine surgeries.
We invite you to apply to join our team!
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- RN License issued by the State of California.
- BART or BLS at time of hire with commitment to get BART w/in 6 months of hire date.
- One or more years of recent RN Operating room experience in an acute care hospital.
- Experience in Cardiac or Plastics.
- Two or more years of RN Operating Room experience in an acute care hospital.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Selected candidate may be hired at the CNIII level pending review and approval by the Nurse Executive Council.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
APPLY ONLINE: http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=156490
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html